Tuesday 23 August 2016

A Princess is coming to the world

What wonderful news I have to share!

A beautiful princess is coming to the world very soon. I will be a happy aunt for the third time, but for the first - an aunt of a princess. 

Getting ready for this wonderful creature to arrive, I only prepared few necessities:

an outdoor/indoor blanket: 


This is a soft and cosy combination of Minky Dimple Fabric and the softest flannelette I found. This girl will have two wild brothers. She will be surrounded by car toys, swards and may be she will have a passion for dinosaurs. The thought for the colour blue to belong only to boy's garments is unfair. Sky blue is my favourite colour. I couldn't resist it...


I love small tags on the items I sew. This time, I couldn't use the stamp technic, I used in the princess coat, I made last winter. The blanket will be washed so many times. It had to be hand-sewn, something that will last through washing, chewing, throwing and playing. I embroidered the sign on a light weight unbleached cotton canvas, using DMC embroidery floss in matching colours (yes, sky blue is a colour with a special place in my heart). I was using only a backstitch - there is not much space for wilder embroidery...


a sleeping bag:


A warm flannelette, lined with cotton and few accents. The elephants are etalon for patience. I was fortunate to find even a cute little elephant button. The princess logo is embroidered on linen, using cross stitch, running stitch and french knot stitch. She will be a royalty, for sure!!!


The side label is made out of linen. I used DMC floss to embroider the flower petals in chain stitching.

some more simple blankets:



Nothing special in this one, except my signature label (couldn't resist...). I made it out of linen and only embroidered a flower. 


All ready for shipping... By the time they cross the Atlantic, I would probably be ready with more. This is not the end of it. To be continued...

With all my love to my soon to be born little princess niece...




No comments:

Post a Comment