Tuesday 24 January 2017

Minki's Pincushions

These pincushions are part of Minki's collection of amazing artistic creations. You can visit her place and sink into the delicate designs and perfect makes she has.  She is such an inspiration! I have been following Minki for years now, and for the first time dare to try one of her designs - the pincushions. The pattern could be found in Sewing Illustrations.


I made only seven of them, and have to admit that these little charms surprised me with the attention they needed. 

I love how they look like, made with the Haori textured fabric and appliquéd with gentle cottons. 


The great thing about Minki's designs is that they are purely inspired by her life. She tells stories with her sewn illustrations in such a simple way, that one starts feeling these are stories from a childhood friend. I am sure you would spend wonderful time visiting her corner. 


I am in love with this one. Is it because of the little french knot-ed berries :), or because of the clean lines, I don't know, I just found out this to be my favourite, when they were all done and proudly displayed for evaluation on my desk.


How lovely the vintage scale is! And the delicate strawberries... 


This gentle vintage china I achieved with the lovely 'Thyme with Friends' collection by Kris Lammers for Maywood Studio. I love it so much. And to my taste this looks so much like morning espresso shot. To my little daughter is the chamomile tea she drinks every night before bed.


It is impossible not to fall in love with these little babies! Off I go to visit Minki's 'home' back again to charge my cloudy day with a ray of sunshine.

Thank you for being my guests,
♥ Ivelina

No comments:

Post a Comment