Friday 19 May 2017

Sweet Violet



My beautiful girls grow like flowers! They make every day of my life feel like blooming spring. I have certain flowers in my mind every time I dive into their eyes. They are absolutely, gorgeously, lovingly speaking with their eyes - I could see sunny days there; stormy summer nights with lightnings, thunders, darkness, all of it; windy, carrying away petals moods; bright and crisp rainbows; rejuvenating spring rains... all of their character is so well expressed in the eyes. But every time, no matter how strong the wind blows, or the rain whip-lashes, I see the deep colours of my flower. It doesn't matter how young and fragile the flowers is, it is always there, in their eyes. This flower doesn't bend because of the stormy wind, doesn't burn because of the sun, and never, never stops blooming. 


My sweet violet is eleven now and every thing in this world has to have a reasonable explanation to her. I grow wiser. Do you know how difficult is to respond to every single question? I can not invent things because she looks into books for answers, so I better be ready for every question thrown at me - about life, about anatomy, about relationships... Hard, hard questions...

She is my sweet violet! I made this little mini-pouch for her 


Girls always have treasures. Since very little girl, she has been collecting sticks and tiny rocks. There are pink boxes, full of these, heavy boxes... Today her treasures are tiny origami foldings - all shapes and colours. I am not sure what will follow after, probably certain lipstick shades, eye shadows, nail polish... She will always have a mini pouch for her treasures. And I will always look for my sweet sweet blooming violet in her eyes. They grow so fast... !


Materials used:

for the embroidery:

18 ct DMC linen in colour tea
DMC embroidery floss

for the pouch:

HAORI dark green yarn-dyed fabric for the face
HAORI light green yarn-dyed fabric for the lining
LECIEN green jelly clip kiss clasp for the frame
light weight batting

Technics used:

Machine sewing
Hand-quilting 
Embroidery stitches to attach the embroidery pattern
Glueing - the frame

This is another project I am making with HAORI and every time I am impressed with the ease of hand-quilting this fabric offers. It is the pattern of weaving that makes it so unique. Instead of drawing lines for the quilting, I just follow the weave. The result is beautifully textured product, accenting the pattern of the fabric, without exposing the quilting stitches. I always use an embroidery thread in colour that perfectly matches the colour of the fabric, so I could only accent the weave of the fabric, without overshadowing it with my stitching. 


What is your favourite flower?
What inspires you to make beautiful things?

You could find happy cute notions and gadgets for project-making in my little shop HappyDashesAndDots .

Thank you so much for keeping me company in this beautiful morning over this strong fresh coffee! 

Always happy to hear from you,
♥ Ivelina



2 comments:

  1. Your writing is so beautiful, Ivelina!
    Wish I could have better language skill, so I could leave better sweet comments as much as I want! I am trying hard, so someday!!!

    ReplyDelete